Question re: black sniper
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: gpthelastrebel, 8milereb, Patrick
Author Post
gpthelastrebel
Wed Jul 13 2011, 01:52PM

Registered Member #1
Rose,
Will try again later. Got folks coming to work on my 'puter and cable today. Don't want to get started and then shut down, if you know what I mean.

No problem at all. I love this stuff!!!! At SHAPE we help each other whenever we can. Anytime you think we can help with info, please feel free to ask.

GP
Rebelrose
Thu Jul 14 2011, 04:09AM
Thanks again for your support and assistance with this "mystery" surrounding the black sniper of the Wythe Rifles. I contacted Cornell University Library, and they suggested a couple of websites for information re: the Wythe Rifles. So far, I've found nothing re: the subject matter, but I'm not giving up. I guess I'm too "bull-headed" to know when to quit. LOL. I'll keep you posted of any pertinent information I may uncover, and please do the same (if and when you have the time).

And, I must agree with you when you say that you "love this stuff." I have been "addicted" to the War for Southern Independence for over fifty years, and continue to learn new things about the people (and the events) that shaped the Antebellum Period of American History. Furthermore, I am constantly reminded of how much contemporary America is still affected by that war...including its causes and its legacy.
gpthelastrebel
Fri Jul 15 2011, 04:55AM

Registered Member #1
Will do. Gonna have to take a couple of days off on this research as I have just now got my 'puter up and running at about 90%. Will have to catch up on some pressing emails and other SHAPE business. I'll get back on this no later than next Wednesday.

GP
Rebelrose
Sat Jul 16 2011, 06:36AM
Thank-you. I'll continue to investigate whatever leads I find, and shall share whatever info I obtain.

Rebelrose
gpthelastrebel
Wed Jul 20 2011, 02:23PM

Registered Member #1
I went to the Knoxville news at http://www.knoxnews.com/ but could not pull up the article without joining that website. I looked for the article and the author Edward A. Bardill. I could not locate either. It is just my opinion that these repeats of this news article is simply nothing more than repeating information that is incorrect. I did notice in the reprint (Sons of The South) of the article no source for information is given. I believe we have proven the article to be in error and should at leats present our findings whenever a chance is presented.

I will try to post a comment to the Sons of the South article.

GP
gpthelastrebel
Wed Jul 20 2011, 02:32PM

Registered Member #1
Comment submitted to Sons of The south. Waiting to see if it gets posted.
GP
Rebelrose
Thu Jul 21 2011, 08:52AM
Thanks for trying to substantiate the news article. I have checked on a daily basis for a response to my query, but so far no results. I believe that "stunts" like this, if it indeed is proven that the news article is "bogus," only serve to impede the progress of those who are legitimately attempting to present factual information re: black Confederates. Do you have any prior experience with that website...Sons of the South? I just wonder about its authenticity. But that's just me. LOL.
gpthelastrebel
Thu Jul 21 2011, 02:50PM

Registered Member #1
I had never heard of that website until you pointed it to me. To me this is just a good example of copy and paste website building. Someone in a hurry to get something posted under the pretense of doing something good and ends up making a mistake.

Went to the S of S website just now and both comments are posted, however no explanation is offered.

GP

[ Edited Fri Jul 22 2011, 03:57AM ]
Rebelrose
Fri Jul 22 2011, 03:25AM
I guess I'm not too surprised. I think that I'll treat any information I obtain from S and S with caution...until I can substantiate it with some credible source. Thanks again for taking the time to check the site.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF